*blub*blub*blub*

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

elections...

I've never been very into politics. I find it really complex, with a lot of loopholes and things, and I don't think it makes sense to the "normal, average" person. That being said, though, when something like an election comes up, I try really hard to be informed and learn as much as I can to vote according to what I think is most important.

I'm not sure how I feel about the results of the election. I voted for Kerry, even though none of the candidates really thrilled me this time around. I voted for Kerry because I feel like the last four years have had too many mistakes, and because I feel like Bush doesn't really have the country's best interests at heart. But I had a feeling that Bush was going to win anyway.

The thing is, some people are really happy -- others are REALLY upset...and I don't think it needs to be that way. People who cared enough to vote, voted...and the results are fair and out. I'm more upset by the fact that I still don't see any candidates or people "up there" who really seem to care about hte people who need their help the most. I don't see the poor or the lower class population being represented. I don't see women represented enough, and certainly not minorities enough.

I realize that the U.S. has a system that others would die for. I realize that the system we do have is because so many people have fought for it. And I'm grateful that I even have the chance to vote. But I still need to see a lot more before I'm truly satisfied with it. And because I'm not satisfied with the system itself, I can't be mad that Bush won -- Bush won because of the system...and no one seems to crticize the system -- only the people they don't like. I think that's only a small part of the real problem -- the real problem is the fact that people aren't educated enough, that people can't empathize enough, and the fact that the system doesn't either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home