*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, February 24, 2005

killing time before class...

Dayumn. Thursday already? How did that happen?!

I've got a Geography paper due tomorrow and the G.R.E. on Saturday. I have had frequent stomach aches that I am assuming can be attributed to the extra sense and overwhelming amount of coffee that I have injested the past few days. The good news is that, despite the arbitrary and rather boring topic I chose for my paper (the history of freeways in Los Angeles and their sociological/cultural effect on the region), I'm nearly done. I churned out a good 8 pages between last night and this morning, so all I have to do when I get home today is flush it out and edit. This is one of the few papers of my college career that I've actually felt wrote itself. Maybe it's because I've read about it so much over the last few years, or maybe it's because it's a super-easy topic? Or maybe because I'm not doing it correctly? Either way it was actually kind of fun. I always love the research part of writing papers. Something about going through the bookstacks at Doheney and gazing at the rows and rows of books on some of the most RANDOM subjects -- it's like a treasure hunt. Dude I just increased my nerd factor, didn't I?

G.R.E. studying has been...well I want to say fruitless but I actually have seen an improvement, especially in my math. I'm still nervous as hell though. I keep telling myself that I only need 1000, but that just seems so unattainable. I feel pretty unprepared, but at the same time, I don't think any amount of studying would really get me to a level where I felt confident. I still don't see why the G.R.E. is necessary. Since when do you need to know permutations to teach elementary school kids? :| That exam is making me feel super stupid. And all of my SMART friends who've taken it told me it was hard. Greaaaaat.

Either way, by 3pm Saturday I should be a happy camper. It'll all be over with. Kind of. At least hopefully my nervous-stomachaches will be gone. And I can concentrate on more important things. Like that grad school app that I've been putting off. Or the geography midterm that I have yet to study for.

Ok I guess I should go do something constructive now. This room needs cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home