*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's time.

Came home today for good. I came home from work, went straight to the apartment and spent a good 4-5 hours packing the last of my belongings and cleaning the empty rooms. It almost brought me to tears a couple of times, looking at the empty rooms and realizing that those rooms held the memories of the past few years -- first talking with Damon, first kiss, first fights, first drinks, first lots of things. I also never realized how much stuff I've accumulated since I've started working and being on my own -- I don't know how I'm ever going to find a place for them here at home.

Despite my complaining about my parents' never cleaning my empty bedroom and "kicking me out," since I started college, they did a really nice job of fixing up my old bedroom and cleaning before I came back. My dad even moved my bed back inside it so when I came home it was all ready and waiting. That was a nice feeling to come home to.

To Beatriz, Charity, Caroline and Serena -- thank you so much for the past three years. Thank you for putting up with all of my querks, my complaints, my annoying phone calls, my smelly food and all my shoes! Thank you for the laughs, the late-night talks, the gossip sessions (=X), birthday cakes, singing new songs and playing new games. For the jokes about 301 and the bitch sessions about you-know-what. For making living with 5 other girls fun. You've all been a part of some fairly pivotal moments in my life and I'm so glad that I was able to share those years with you. You all truly made college something to remember and I can't tell you how grateful I am that I was able to share that experience with people who are so genuine, so kind-hearted and intelligent. I miss you all already and I hope that, no matter where we are later in life, we'll always be the Pali girl roomies :) <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home