*blub*blub*blub*

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happiest time of my life!!

So yes, for those of you who don't know, or who haven't heard me babble in person, I am ECSTATIC about my new position!!! I will be a first grade teacher at a school very close to my home (only about 15 minutes) -- although I hesitate to put the name of the school here for fear of Google. :P

I don't think I've ever been so excited. It's such an amazing feeling to know that I'm going EXACTLY where I want to -- that I will be doing something that I feel is right with my whole heart and soul in a place where I feel so comfortable.

At the same time I don't think I've ever been so NERVOUS. The idea of having my own classroom, my own students, is so overwhelming. I start July 5, MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH sooner than I had expected, so I'm working my butt off now to try and plan for the year, plan my classroom layout, classroom management plan, etc. I'm also overwhelmed that, because it is a first grade position, I am going to be teaching these kids to READ. That's such an enormous responsibility!!

Anyway, there's the update. =D If you're still curious, CALL ME or EMAIL ME 'cause that means you aren't talking to me enough!!! =D

1 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i ever have kids, you can be their teacher (and hollie too). =D

congrats on the job, sara! you definitely deserve it, and i'm totally glad to hear that it's what you want. Esp after a few tumultuous yrs @ college. The job hunt is never easy, but you've come out on top. =)

~Derek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home