*blub*blub*blub*

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Deep breaths...

This week is a bit of a tough one to get through. The deadline for the district to pass out pink slips is this Friday so it's a bit of a waiting game for me to get mine. On top of that, part of my work now includes working on the school budget and brainstorming ways to save money. We've already cut copies down to 200 per/teacher per/month (wtF!?) and figuring out ways to cut more drastically.

I'm trying so hard not to complain and to do the best I can. I know I should be grateful that I still have a job and that I'm still working, but I can't help but feel a huge pit in my stomach as I go to school each day. Sometimes it feels like I'm walking to my own funeral.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea I have a friend up here who's also a teacher...I think she's expecting the pink slip too. =\

Derek

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you really think you're going to get laid off? I hope they don't give you the pink slip since you have your masters already!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger ho ho said...

*crossing my fingers for you*!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Midori said...

good luck tomorrow darling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home