*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Peace and Quiet

I found myself with an unexpected free night tonight, and with Damon gone to basketball I suddenly found myself alone for a substantial amount of time -- for the first time in a long while, I realized, and completely alone with my thoughts. Of course, there are times of the day when I'm alone but I am always driven by something to do. When I get home from work, for example, there are a couple of hours that I am by myself, but I'm always rushing and focused to get dinner made, to clean, or to finish work from school. Tonight was the first night in a while that I didn't feel rushed or overwhelmed by something more -- instead I was left with the quiet of the house and my thoughts.

It made me realize how little time I take to stop and just "be." I think that's something I'll have to do for myself every so often -- it was a nice recharge to just sit back and enjoy the quiet tonight, even if it was just for an hour or too. I'd much rather have Damon by my side, after all. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone needs those refreshing "just be" moments here and there.... life's gotta calm down sometimes.

Derek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home