*blub*blub*blub*

Monday, October 25, 2004

big *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Life is so much sunnier and brighter after midterms :) I don't think I've ever felt more relaxed or on top of things. It's really a nice feeling.

By Friday I was four days ahead on my reading and assignments, and I had freed up my weekend for my two favorite people, Damy and HoHo, and my family. It's rare that I have a whole weekend with no obligations or imminent worries, so I was glad to be able to set aside a whole day with everyone.

Saturday I went to my cousin's 30th B-day party. Damon came along. He's like a member of the family now. It's nice to see him talking to my aunties and watching football with my uncles -- even when I'm not right next to him. :) I think he's more comfortable around my family, and I think my family really likes him, too. I don't think I could be any happier along those lines...if and when he does become a part of the family, it'll be that much easier to make a smooth transition :)

Sunday was Sara and Hollie's Day of Fun! (*^-^*) She and I had a biiiiiiiiiiiig lunch of chili cheese fries and sandiwches from The Hat. *yum*yum* :) We dropped off the leftovers with The Boys, Damy and Irv, who were messing up Damy's car. After we dropped off the leftovers, we stopped by Sears so that HoHo could buy a gift for her co-worker's daughter. Then we took a trip back to middle school at the Edwards on Atlantic to catch Shall We Dance. Good movie, although I think it strayed an awful lot from the original, so to enjoy it I think you have to watch it as an entirely separate movie from the first. I really like Jennifer Lopez (although I hate to admit it), but she doesn't portray the original character well.

After the movie HoHo had to meet up her fam for dinner with her grandma. I went back to Irv's house to spend the rest of the day with Damy. They were still working on his car when I got there around 5, even though they started at 10 a.m. I hung around with them...although I don't think they appreciated a stupid girl with them. :P I didn't help much except to hold a flashlight once it got dark. The rest of the time I spent sitting and watching....reading through the Entertainment Book and the rest of my mail from home...I even took a nap in the backseat of my car. Around 9:30 I decided it wasn't worth it to wait, since I didn't have any time left with Damy anyway, and went home. Poor boys worked awfully hard for a stupid metal stick, in my opinion. :P Thanks for letting me bug you @ your house, Irv. :)

So although my weekend didn't end quite the way I had planned, it was still good. And my week looks like it will continue the "good" streak -- I'm still ahead on my readings, and I'm caught up on my entire "list of things to do" -- including adding my minor. Yes, congraulate me people I am now officially a Southern California minor (haha...took me over three years to declare it, how embarassing)! :)

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Damy said...

Sorry sweetie =(

But i'm glad you had a nice weekend!

I love you!!!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger ho ho said...

We really got to do "Sara & Hollie's Day of Fun" again!!! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home