*blub*blub*blub*

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

i guess it's time for an update...

So I haven't written here for a while. Reason 1 being that I don't always feel like fighting my mom and sister for the internet. Reason 2 being that this computer at home is so swarmed with spam and pop-up ads and who knows what else that I get frustrated using it, and Reason 3 being that I've been just too darn busy to update.

I had the first of two workshops today at work that I've been highly stressed over. By 4pm tomorrow afternoon I will be an EXTREMELY happy person. Then I've really got a winter break to look forward to.

Since I've finished finals I've made a weekend Vegas trip, finished Christmas wrapping/gifting/baking/exchanging madness, celebrated Hoho's Birthday and visited family for Christmas. All the while I've been working on these classes that took over my life completely the past week or so.

Today was the first of my workshops. Monday I got all of my materials ready to go, leaving only the classroom setup for this morning. But the rain in LA was just too much to handle, I guess. I left the house early but it took me an hour (instead of 15 minutes) to get Downtown -- flooded freeways + rush hour traffic + about 30 street lights out.

Turns out the street lights were out because about half of Downtown (and surrounding neighborhoods) lost power today. I thought I was prepared for everything, but it never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to run my class without a classroom. O__O

I managed, though, thank goodness. The theater had power so I had to create a makeshift classroom there and try my best to run the class without all of my supplies, my tables, blackboard, etc. Talk about chaotic. Thank goodness for all of the people who came down to help me, though, otherwise I think I would've just cried. :P I think the kids had a good time, though, and I'm happy with how it went. Like I said, one more tomorrow and I'll be done. :)

So winter break has been pretty good. I'm super-broke, super-tired but also super-happy :)

Is all for now...I'll update eventually :)

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a lot of "supers" there.....but glad u had a good break, Sara! =D

~Derek.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Midori said...

dude like this thing won't let me comment when i'm using my omegacomputer (a.k.a. the mac) but i'm in the library killing time right now so here i am

oh yeah i saw your dad and sister at the grocery store yesterday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home