*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Finals - Fall 2004

This semester is the first time I have had a final for every class, and the first time that the finals have been in the form of papers instead of exams. Everyone has been telling me how lucky I am, but I seriously beg to differ. My schedule looks like this:

by:
  • Monday Dec. 13 - turn in final project, Journalism 310 (approx. 7 pages)
  • Tuesday, Dec. 14 - e-mail final paper, Journalism 462 (3 questions, 5-7 pages each)
  • Wednesday, Dec. 15 - turn in final paper, American Studies 301 (approx. 30 pages)
  • Wednesday, Dec. 15 - turn in final paper, Geography 340 (12-15 pages)
It doesn't help that each of these final papers had topics that were not handed out until the last week of class -- which gives me one week for each paper. :|

We all know how my Geography paper is turning out -- this was the group paper that I spent 5 hours on all day Monday. Still not done -- fine-tuning details and such.

Yesterday was difficult -- I had gone to bed around 4 in the a.m. and woke up arund 10 -- I spent a couple of hours working and had to high-tail it to the museum for work, came back and studied until about 4 a.m. when I finally gave up because I was so tired.

This morning I woke up at 9 a.m. and was DETERMINED to get work done. So I sat in my chair ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. I skipped work, and just worked worked worked here at home on my papers. I took one 40 minute break to pick up stamps at the post office and take the roomies on some errands, and another 40 minute break to pick up food and eat dinner. I am now taking another break simply because, I deserve one. I have been working for 15 hours!! I don't think I've ever been so focused. Or my butt so tired from sitting in this chair. I feel disgusting -- I need to shower, I stink, I'm flabby and fat and I need to MOVE. Gross. I've been eating junk food and coffee all day and I just feel SO UNHEALTHY.

But -- I did manage to get the majority of my first journalism paper done (I just have to go down to the courthouse and watch a movie to complete the last two questions), and I also outlined, cited and collected quotations for the 30 page American Studies paper. All I have to do is flush out what I have left in the outline and I'll be done.

Which leaves the other Journalism paper, which is going to be a b*tch to do. But still, I'm proud of myself.

I remember once when K said that she liked finals time the best because she liked the feeling of having everyone really studying and focused at the library, and feeling academic. I think she's crazy. I just want some actual AIR. To see some daylight. I vow to take some time to get away from finals-zombie-ness tomorrow. I've gotten enough done to relax a little bit.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Midori said...

haha

i still like the finals atmosphere

i just hate the exams ;P

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger ho ho said...

I only like the atmosphere when I'm done with finals...

*wink wink*

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha sorry kel but i gotta agree with hoho on this one :)

sara: i feel ur pain..after this qtr, papers just BITE.

gluck with everything! ace 'em mofos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home