*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Year, New Blog :)

Well...a new entry, at least. I know I haven't written much lately. Winter break was a heck of a time -- right after finals I left for Vegas with Damy, HoHo and J. Came back and went straight to work to prepare for my workshops. Finished the workshops, celebrated the New Year, and then promptly caught a cold. I've been down ever since. And although I am semi-healthy now, I still have the remains of a stubborn cough that just won't get over itself. :P I hate having coughs when I'm in school -- there's nothing quite as embarassing as having to burst out a coughing fit in the middle of a quiet lecture.

We started classes on Monday, and although I was rather dissappointed to come back to school, I also realize now that I sort of missed it. Something about all the reading and the learning and the discussions in class -- I just really love it. And now I realize I'm also really going to miss it. :(

My Spring 2005 schedule -- the last semester EVER! =X

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:0o - 12:00
Geography 431: Geography of California, with Professor McKenzie
I have to take this class to complete my minor. Not exactly a class I would have chosen myself, nor one that I was looking forward to. But I walked into class on Monday and MATT LEINART (USC STAR quarterback and HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER) sat next to me!!!!!!! =D So it might not be so bad after all. :) The professor seems nice enough, and I've got a host of other football greats with me, so....eh. I can deal with this one.

Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:00 - 2:00
Communication 360: The Rhetoric of Los Angeles, with Professor Brook
This is another class that I am taking to fulfill my minor, but one that I selected entirely on my own. I'm really looking forward to this one -- basically all reading, movies, music, discussion on L.A. and Southern California. This is AWESOME. Only downer -- LOTS of reading. But the professor is super nice and good, too.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 - 2:00
Art History 126 - Introduction to Asian Art: 1300 to the Present, with Professor Reynolds
I'm taking this one entirely for fun -- had some extra units and figured it was high time to start learning about my "other" heritage for once. Asian Art isn't really my forte (I guess no art really is) so I'm actually sort of intimidated by this one. However, it IS a G.E., so how bad can it be, I'm thinking. This is a HUGE lecture, the biggest one I've ever had -- but since this is entirely self-motivated I'm thinking this will be ok.

Tuesdays, 2:00 - 5:00
American Studies 498 - Senior Seminar in American Studies, with Professor Kurashige
This is my FINAL class for my other major, a capstone class basically all discussion. Picture 12 people sitting around a fairly big table holding hands and singing camp songs. Hahaha...ok, not quite that. This professor has written books on multiculturalism, race theories and the like, which is TOTALLY up my alley so I'm SUPER excited about this one, even though it is mainly discussion and I don't know how my shyness is going to hold up against these requirements. Still...*YEA*!!

Wednesdays, 2:00 - 4:00
Education 200 - Introduction to the Teaching Profession, with Professor Colbert
Again, another class I am taking entirely of my own accord. Obviously since I'm interested in teaching I thought I should take at least one class. I just had this one yesterday and it was SO much fun -- the professor is amazing, the other students are SUPER nice and I'm really happy I signed up for it -- I just wish I had done the education minor/major from the beginning, now. :( Oh well.

Fridays, 10:00 - 11:00
Arthistory 126 (Discussion)
I haven't had this one yet but *shrug*. Discussion is discussion. Period. I'll find out next week if my T.A. is decent, I suppose...

And that's all, folks! Not too shabby for my last semester at USC. I'm realizing now all the things I should've, could've would've done had I known...had I been smarter...had I been more confident. But it's ok. I'm still learning things I'm interested in and looking forward to it. Now if only I could find a job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home