*blub*blub*blub*

Monday, May 16, 2005

It's...over?

I guess not really. I've got the next few weeks for down time and then I start classes again on the 6th. I'm actually really excited about that, which I think is a good sign. So many years of struggling to finish the Journalism classes and things -- it's nice to be excited about school and what I'm learning again.

At the same time I've been reflecting on the fact that my undergraduate career is over. It's really been quite a trip. I've grown so much over the last few years...(sadly this is both figuratively and literal -__-). Made many new friends, created new memories, and became a better form of Sara...at least I think. I think I can honestly say that my experiences and my studies have made me more aware of the real world...I have a much better sense of who I am and where I come from and the world around me. And I think that with that awareness comes a great sense of gratitude for the people who've brought me here and the opportunities I've been given. It's odd -- coming to USC, I've fallen in the category of "disadvantaged" so often but really I feel like I've had every advantage -- I feel so lucky to have had so many people supporting me and a family that was willing to fund and support my every academic whim, no matter how impractical it seemed at the time.

I remember for my high school graduation I was sobbing by the time I got up on stage to receive my diploma. I figured with college being a bigger deal I'd be nearly fainting but surprisingly not a single tear dropped from my face that day. In some ways it was really surreal -- I guess just a formality that didn't really seem tangible. Even now it doesn't really seem like anything's changed -- like I'm just on vacation or something. The only part of me that really feels like something's changed is the part that's realizing my friends are leaving -- up north, out of state, out of the country...I'm starting to realize that for some of these good friends, these are the last days I'll ever see them. And that's difficult for me -- that letting go. Which I guess is why I'm not as sentimental because I'm technically not "letting go" of USC.

So I guess really this is just a small bridge from one portion of my life to another -- I know the next year is going to go fast and then will be the big transition from college life to real world. Until then I'm planning on enjoying the short vacation and the last bit of school that I have...starting with a cruise to Mexico. :) I'm out this week but I'll see you all soon! =D Happy Sunshine and Kisses!

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Damy said...

Have fun babie! I love you!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Midori said...

i am a terrible, terrible pool player.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Damy said...

Terrible is a HUGE understatement

=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home