*blub*blub*blub*

Monday, December 04, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

Weekends are supposed to be restful, what?

It's Monday-Monday and I am exhaaaaausted! We had a really crazy weekend trying to get ready for our trip, Christmas, and grading (for me, anyway).

Friday: possibly the best night of the weekend. Damon came down from work (after enduring ruthless traffic, nonetheless) to take me to the Nutcracker at the Shrine Auditorium. The area around USC has changed SO much and it's only been -- a year? The performance was really wonderful and put me into the Holiday mood right away. Going to see the Nutcracker was something I used to do as a kid with my family, and I was SO happy to be able to go with Damon and share that tradition with him. Plus, it was nice to do something other than the usual dinner-and-a-movie date. :) We finished off the night with a late-late dinner at Koraku. *yum* :) I just felt bad that Damon was so tired, especially because he had to work overtime on Saturday. Which brings me to...

Saturday: A day that I would have rather not had this weekend. *BOO*. :( Damon had to work pretty much all day, so I spent the day at home. Of course the game stunk (although I do give my congrats to the Bruin fans out there -- they really played a good game.) The only good thing is that I made some super yummy Chicken Caesar Burgers and Parmesan Cheese Fries with a homemade marinara sauce (a la Rachael Ray). :) I watched the massacre game with my dad. I drank about a Smirnoff and conked out for the third quarter. Damon came over after the game, ate some food, and we got some ice cream from Baskin Robbins. (double scoop eggnog and peppermint double *yummy*)

Sunday: Got up early to go to church (oy 5:30 a.m.) and then took Charlie over to PetSmart for an 8:00 a.m. grooming appointment. Poor Charlie looked so upset at us leaving him there, but at least he's finally clean. He had a long primping session so Damon and I got some breakfast at the Downey McDonalds (THAT HAD A MUSEUM!!!), went shopping at Old Navy, Pier 1, Best Buy, and Michaels. When we picked up Charlie I also couldn't resist and bought him a "photo session" with their Santa. :) We came back home, then met up with Hollie to go to Chinatown for some errand running and dim-sum (*YUM*) and then to J-town where I got Damon's mom's Christmas gift. Then off to Costco (where I got another gift and was finally DONE) and then to the mall to pick up some warmish clothes for our trip and a new charger for my cell phone (since I broke mine).

Now it's Monday and time for my LAST WEEK of intercession (hallelujah!). Things to do this week:

- pack for my trip *duh*
- clean my room (and the living room, the dining room, etc. that is housing my stuff)
- wrap all Christmas gifts before leaving
- pay off my credit card bills before we leave
- write and mail all Christmas cards
- finish grading report cards
- SURVIVE. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home