*blub*blub*blub*

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Friday:
- stayed after school for just a while to get some work done, then hurried back home to get ready for a girls' night out with Kim
- picked her up from downtown and hit up Happy Hour @ Daily Grill -- YUM! We pigged our little piggy hearts out and I even imbibed - B52 on the rocks. Double yum!
- took advantage of the Daily Grill's limo shuttle to the Ahmanson
- saw a fantaaastic performance of Mary Poppins!

It was a really really great show -- I'm glad it didn't stink. Beautiful voices, great choreography, and wonderful company! :)

Saturday:
- slept in...so nice after a full week of work!
- ran some errands
- 1 month party for baby K -- lots of nom nom food and fun-ness with our friends
- played games and imbibed a bit TOO much later that night....ended up with awful awful shortness of breath and pain in my chest (which I later found out was an asthma attack)

Sunday:
- woke up feeling awful, still wheezing, still having trouble breathing
- slept almost all day and tried to shake it...when I couldn't went to Urgent Care
- found out I had asthma (not a surprise), got put on steroids (a BIG surprise), and have an appointment in two weeks to see the doctor


Kind of a stinky end to the weekend, but one of my goals was to be healthy, so I'm hoping this will help turn it around. I've been noticing lately that I've had lots of difficulty breathing, particularly during sickness, physical activity (almost DIED when I went running last week), and *ahem* drinking. Boo on wine, but YAY that I can breathe again!!

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Midori said...

alcohol triggers your asthma??? whaaaaa noooooooo

what were you drinking?

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger saraphin said...

I polished off the entire bottle of that peach lambic you gave us (sSOOOoooo YUM!) and a glass or two of sparkling wine. Wah. My faves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home