*blub*blub*blub*

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Resos.

So yesterday was my first day back with the kids. We didn't have a lot to do, so I took about an hour to teach them/review with them the calendar, the months of the year, days of the year, etc. It took about an hour for them to understand what 2006 and 2007 means and why we're in January and why it's not the same "year" anymore. Time is such a complicated thing to understand.

But anyway, since we finally accomplished this New Year concept, today I taught them that adults make resolutions for the new year, blah blah blah and wouldn't they like to make some too? They were so cute and they really started to understand what it meant, so I thought I'd post a few of my favorites here: :)

* I promise to drink milk every day.
* I will help people.
* I will be healthy and strong!
* I promise to be a good friend and be nice.
* I will try to learn to count to 100.
* I will write a note to my cousin.
* I will brush my teeth every night.
* I will listen to the teacher more.

...Some of them are so simple, but so powerful at the same time. The "I will help people" one really struck me. Why didn't I make a resolution like that?

I learn so much from these kids every day -- sometimes, more than they learn from me, I think.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww....que cute =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home