*blub*blub*blub*

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today.

Today I feel like sh*t.

Today I just want to crawl under the covers, turn out the lights, and not come out.

Who knows if I can get out of the covers tomorrow.

It's days like these when I wonder what the heck I was thinking getting into teaching. I could've avoided all this red-tape, stressful paperwork, and complexity if I had just stuck with museum education. I wonder if I need a career change...

If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn't want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job. ~Donald D. Quinn

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Damy said...

Just hold on sweetie. Things will get better. Time off is just around the corner.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Midori said...

this is PRECISELY why i did not go into teaching...i couldn't even handle one unruly kid at a time (macy tutoring agh!)

however, i think you have the capacity to handle what i swore off of (you are far more patient than i). i know it's hard to feel like a good teacher all the time...especially given that no matter how good a teacher you are, something is bound to go awry given the fact you're handling a billion children at once. even if you feel like an utter failure, i'm pretty sure that no one who understands what your job entails thinks you are. sure some bitchy mom might chew you out, but in all likelihood that's because she doesn't want to own up to her own child's shortcomings (read: shortcomings in her own parenting) :)

*BIG HUG*

teaching is so difficult and i give you MADD PROPZ for doing it. let me know when you have a free weekend...i'm out for this coming weekend but after that i'm good :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home