*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Supposed to Love This Job.

It's weeks like these that make me wonder if I'll be able to make it past a second year. It's no wonder the turnover rate for teaching is so high -- I think 60% of teachers quit after two years.

I put SO MUCH into this job. Ten hour days, minimum. Money, sweat, blood and tears. Oh, the tears.

To have someone tell me that I'm incompetent, that I'm not doing my job, is friggin' BULL. I know I'm not perfect. I'm LEARNING. But don't tell me that I am not teaching these kids. Don't tell me that I'm not doing my job. I'm going BEYOND.

Underappreciated. No wonder people quit.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Damy said...

F-that. Don't let people that are more likely to win the Darwin award than a free soda from McDonald's Monopoly get you down.

You're a great teacher, proven by how much your kids from last school year loved you.

Chin up! You're doing a great job! Remember that.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them to f**k off! They should try being in your shoes for a day...

~Derek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home