*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oahu Revealed, by by Andrew Doughty and Harriett Friedman


The value of this book will be fully determined after our trip next week, but so far so good. It was an easy read -- took me only two insomnia filled nights to read. Easy easy easy. It has maps and reviews of hotels, beaches, dining, "adventures" and attractions, all organized by location on the island. Most of the reviews are in-line with word-of-mouth recommendations that we've been given from friends. So, either our friends also read this book, or the book is on par with local favorites.

The only thing I had trouble with was the maps. I need something more visual. Not a map person. I'm still going to have to pick up the big illustrated map I saw at AAA. :)

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doh, sorry i missed this. the 'revealed' series of books for hawaii is probably the best set of travel books you can get for the islands.

hope you guys are enjoying your time!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops, that was me..

-irv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home