*blub*blub*blub*

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Teacher Man, by Frank McCourt


My latest read. I wasn't a HUGE fan of 'Tis or Angela's Ashes. It was good, but not excellent, ya know? But this one, oh this one was GOOD. Didn't want to put it down good. Didn't want to fall asleep just one more page I can finish this chapter good.

Reading his writing was like listening to my own brain. I think I enjoyed this book so much because it was just so perfect for this time in my life, where I'm starting on this new career and learning how to teach. Seriously, if you are a young teacher, you must.read.this.book. You'll laugh and your husband will look at you funny, even after you read the paragraph to him out loud.

Go read it. Even if you're not a teacher. Read it and you'll understand how us teachers feel. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Midori said...

haha i actually really liked angela's ashes (the only good thing that came out of kim's class perhaps ;P)! i never read tis, though. i need something new to read i think, i'll start looking at mccourt again :D

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger saraphin said...

i have 'tis if you want to borrow it! :) i can give it to you with your Christmas present :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home