*blub*blub*blub*

Friday, May 01, 2009

Vacation!

First day of vacation was today. I was up by 7, at work by 7:30, left at 3:30, and had a meeting with some of the big-wigs until 4:30. Why did I go to work? I don't know why I feel the need to sub, but I promised myself I'd make my vacation productive this time around. So substitute it is. At least it's lighthearted, fun, and stimulating. I'm a bit tired today but next week I'll only be subbing 3 days so I'll have a nice long weekend to recuperate a bit. Hopefully the money will be worth it *crossing fingers*

This year was really rough -- tough kids, tough situation, and budget cuts all rolled into one. I've learned a lot though, and renewed my heart for teaching -- I think I needed a reminder that this career isn't just about me, but about kids. I was reminded why I got into this profession in the first place -- because I wanted to do something with my life that was meaningful, work with children in a way that was positive, and make a difference. This year was a complete renewal of that motivation and heart that I had when I first started, and I'm thankful for that reminder.

I'm still waiting to see what will happen to me for the next school year. The latest looks like class size is going up to 24:1 in primary and 30.5:1 in upper grades, which means I'll get displaced from my school. I have my fingers crossed that all the props will pass (vote Yes, please!) May 19, which will increase funding at the schools and save my position. I really do love my school and want to stay...but if I can't, I'll know that it's because God has a different plan for me and thinks I'm ready for something tougher. I hope I can rise to that challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home