*blub*blub*blub*

Friday, January 15, 2010

I knew that switching to third grade this year would be a challenge, but I was determined to rise to the occasion. Since I first found out about my switch I started researching, lesson planning, observing others, and just doing my best to get my act together. And yet, here I find myself more than half-way through the year and I feel like an utter failure.

I know I shouldn't be a Debby Downer but it's just been a tough week at work. I feel like I give it my all, I have sound reasons for making the decisions I do, and yet, in the end, my scores are the.worst. I am the bottom of the barrel, and I am NEVER bottom of the barrel.

I love teaching, I truly do -- the sense of accomplishment I share with my students when they make a break-through in their learning is SUCH an amazing feeling and is absolutely the reason that I do this. But when that learning doesn't show itself in the standardized testing we do, it makes me wonder if I'm doing the right things for the right people. It's so disheartening to know that despite all my efforts, my students are still not considered up to par.

I need to get out of this funk. :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home