*blub*blub*blub*

Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh what a day...

***I was actually going to post yesterday and then Blogger wasn't working. Go figure. Smart me, I copied and pasted before I lost my entry.***

Oh man. I am exHAUSted. I was at work by 8 a.m. today because I was running a field trip program -- 60 fourth graders, 4 lesson plans, 3 hours. Which turned into 4. I was SCARED. Nervous. I think it turned out...okay. I still have a lot to learn, that's for sure. Hard to work with 60 kids at once, hard to work within time constraints. Just plain hard. But at least I made it out alive. And I *hope* the kids learned*something*. *ANYTHING*.

All this time I was thinking that I wanted to teach fourth grade...but now I'm thinking not. I really have a lot of practice yet -- don't have as much command over a classroom as I should. Kids don't listen to me as much as I'd like and I really have to exert authority a bit more. Not that I want to be on a power trip, but some of the kids I was working with today would just not behave no matter what I did.

I can tell already that my first year teaching with my own classroom is going to be a lot of work. It'll be interesting to see how my blog changes, no? Exciting :)

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger ho ho said...

Dear, it's like that. You'll be an even greater teacher.

Kids don't really start to listen till they know that you're there permanently. Heck, the kids at my practicum place didn't start kind of listening to me till my last day. That was after 10 weeks of seeing them. You only had them for ONE day, so psh posh on them.

^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home