*blub*blub*blub*

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Recap

Awesome weekend.

Friday long day at work, then Damon picked me up after work and drove us back down to O.C. We had dinner at Johnny Rocket's *yum* then met up with Kim and her crowd for her bday celebration at Lucky Strike. We remarked how rare it was that we were out and about past midnight. :)

Saturday slept in a bit and Damon went with me to Lakeshore to hit their summer sale and pick up a few things I needed. Then to Santa Anita where I hit the Nordstrom sale for some much needed SPANX (for the wedding) and a birthday present for little Sophia on Sunday. Then onward to Michaels, where I used up another 40% off coupon and bought scrapbook paper for wedding invitation madness. Then Costco on the way home. Then Target because Costco was out of what Damon needed. A mad dash home and I met up with Dad and Sister to go to church while Damon Wii'ed. After church Damon and I headed out to Disneyland. We had dinner at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney (SOOOO GOOOD!!) and PIGGED OUT!! Oh my gosh I don't remember the last time I had that much good food. We ordered and shared -- their soup taster (gumbo, their version of french onion soup, and what I think was vegetable), two entrees: roasted half chicken rosemary with mashed potatoes for me, and some sort of grilled salmon topped with crab with roasted potatoes and watercress for Damon, and TWO DESSERTS: sweet potato pie with an orange cream topping and raspberry syrup and 4 absolutely AMAZING beignets. Although we didn't plan it, we were able to see a good part of the fireworks show from our seats in the restaurant. After we ate we headed into the park to try our luck at getting on the Nemo ride. And we did! We got in line about 11:30 and I think finally got on at 12:30. Not too bad considering the line was a rumored 4 hours long opening day. Left the park sometime after 1 o'clock and boy were we tired!!

Sunday morning we woke up early for a cake tasting (*yes* we finally found a baker!!!) then I headed to Downey for little Sophia's one year bday party. Hung out with some of the coworkers for a while before heading back to Damon's house where we checked out Michaels in City of Industry for more scrapbook paper (nowhere to be found *sadness*), then an early dinner at Curry House *more yum*. Came back home so that I could work on some school stuff while Damon watched a very gory Letters from Iwo Jima.

Now I'm kind of ready to go back to work tomorrow. *sigh*

How was your weekend?

7 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Damy said...

I love you! :)

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My weekend was awesome. In case mommy didn't tell you, I went to go see SNOW PATROL IN THE PIT OF THE GREEK THEATRE! FOR FREE!!! AHHH!!!

Dude, I haven't seen you in days.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that spandex stuff looks like it'll be HOT to be in ;)

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that was me april =)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger saraphin said...

hot as in temperature, right? :P

at least it'll be december =D

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot as in temp and hot as in YOU! =)
~april

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Damy said...

April - I agree on both counts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home