*blub*blub*blub*

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Halftime break.

Damon and I came back from Hawaii almost two weeks ago. When we came back I thought to myself -- Wow. I still have an entire MONTH before my vacation is up. Outstanding! :) (Please refrain from commenting. Yes, I realize two months is a long time. Yes, I realize I am lucky. But please know that I [and most teachers] really deserve this time off to recharge and regroup. We work hard. /end rant)

Hawaii was so.much.fun and beautiful! Four days was clearly not enough, but we managed to fit in practically every activity we wanted to (although mostly eating-related). We loved snorkeling, loved the restaurant, loved the green-green-greenness of the land, the nightlife, and the relaxation. It's absolutely the longest time we've ever spent together -- 5 whole days together, 24/7. What a fabulous trip, and so many memories for us. I am forever grateful to J for sending us. :) Pictures are here if you're so inclined. I'm so glad Damon had the chance to get out and see some place new -- we joked about moving there but oh how I wish we really could! I think we're addicted to traveling now. :) Just gotta save up some more and hopefully NYC will be in our near future. :)

I found out yesterday that I can teach kindergarten again next year, which makes me very happy. The last kindergarten class that was open was a special ed/collaborative class with another teacher, so although I'm happy to stay in my grade level, I'm also quite nervous about this new challenge. I was planning on applying to CSULA for another master's degree, but I think I'm going to sit on that until I can handle this class confidently. I really want to commit myself to these students and to my partner teacher, so school will have to wait. Thank goodness this class was open, otherwise I would have gotten 5th grade on B track! And even more grateful that I have a job to go to. So many people have lost their positions with these darn budget cuts. :(

I start July 5th, so now that I know what class I have I'm starting to organize and prep for the coming year. (See? Told ya we work hard).

I've managed to start a new book, organize all but one room in the house (which I'm about halfway done with, yay!), prep materials for BTSA so that I can FINALLY clear my credential, spend lots of time with Charlie, and do lots of cooking. Still haven't gone to a museum but I've got time for that yet. This vacation has been quite restful and productive; the perfect balance, really. I'm so excited for this last month and even more excited for the prospect of the new school year.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger ho ho said...

yay! yay! yay! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home