*blub*blub*blub*

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - 2009

2008...

- successfully renewed my sense of accomplishment with a very difficult class
- celebrated my first wedding anniversary (wow!)
- saw NYC for the first time
- went to Big Bear, San Diego, and Hawaii
- saw Tony Bennett, Carrie Underwood, Sara Bareilles

This year wasn't as exciting or significant as in past year's, but it was definitely a year of some small challenges and questioning. I guess it was a pretty introspective year in that I questioned a lot about relationships, career choices, faith, etc. A lot of things have changed in the past year, some beyond my control, but the good thing is, I am completely 100% happy with where I stand today.

And, just for kicks, this is a list of resolutions from December 2005, last updated January 2007, and STILL not completed in January 2009. Perhaps it's time to change my resolutions? :\

1. Secure a good job at a good school upon completion of my degree.
2. Be financially independent from my parents by December of '06. [Finally did it, albeit late.]
3. Start a paper-pen journal and really reflect on my life.
4. Read a chapter of a book every day - recreational reading, not for school. [About 50% accomplished.]
5. Actually be really and truly organized, and not just pretend to be. [This is a big one for next year.]
6. Dedicate more quality weekend time to Damon -- not just running errands with him.
7. Try and be more helpful around the house.
8. Be a better mommy to Charlie.
9. Try harder to be healthy -- not just to lose weight, but to really be healthy....which leads to: [Still must work on this.]
10. trying to develop a genuine liking for exercise. [Might be impossible.]
11. Develop at least two new skills within the year.
12. Learn to cook more dishes.
13. Learn enough Cantonese to have an actual conversation with Damon's grandma.
14. Save money.
15. Actually get an oil change every 4 months.
16. Lose weight and fit into my old clothes again.[REALLY must work on this.]
17. Donate blood more frequently.[Still must work on this.]


This year, we'll be ringing in the new year with some of our best friends in the entire world here at the house. They say the people you're with at midnight are the people you will be spending your year with, and that the attitude of those people reflect the coming year. That makes me very hopeful for 2009.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Midori said...

thanks for having us over on wednesday :D you MUST give me that spinach dip recipe it was so freaking AWESOME

 

Post a Comment

<< Home