*blub*blub*blub*

Friday, December 26, 2008

Thinking about 2009...

What is it about January 1st that suddenly makes it a great time to make changes in life? It could start tomorrow, or even now, but for some reason everyone puts such a big emphasis on the first. I'm one of them, of course :)

I mostly just want to keep up with what I've been trying to do all my life -- just making things better, all-around. But I think I have a renewed sense of priorities. So here's what I've been thinking so far...

1. Organize.
Physical organization, as in, organizing ALL MY CRAP. I already started this but still have a long way to go before I am really happy with it. I always want to keep my LIFE organized -- I tend to be a flake because I don't right things down, and I need to get into that habit.

2. Be a smart spender.
The one thing I really regret having not done since getting my full time "grown up" job, is really settling into some kind of system with money management. This year is my year to get that straightened out. I need to get my 403b, set a household budget, and start aggressively saving.

3. Get healthy.
Yeah, I know. How long has this been going on? I have terrible willpower. And I love food, hate exercise. Bad combination. But here's what I'm thinking -- increase water intake, decrease junk food. With Damon, so we can hold each other accountable. And increase (ick) exercise. And then just see what happens.

Crossing my fingers that this will work...

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Midori said...

welcome to the i hate exercise but i do it anyway club! and the i love food but i try not to eat too much club :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home