*blub*blub*blub*

Sunday, December 07, 2008

An Important Read

If I had stayed in print journalism, Steve Lopez would've been my idol. He writes really well, but what I'm most impressed with is the topics he writes about. He brings to the LA Times issues that most people don't even know exist, that others dismiss.

Today was not the first time that his words brought me to tears, but it was the first time that I felt such a huge connection to his work. It is frustrating to work in my district, and yet I know that I've been blessed with so many opportunities that I wouldn't have found elsewhere. As much as I love what I do, it's becoming more and more apparent that the over-arching climate of my work is a huge tangle of problems.

This economy is in such a shambles, and I'm starting to feel its weight on my shoulders with the possibilities that I may have to face in my career. Such a scary time.

Please read his words. It's such an important issue and no one seems to notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home