*blub*blub*blub*

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

smell that? it's stress...

I have a really bad stomach ache that's been stiking around the last couple of days. I don't know if it's the massive amounts of caffeine I've ingested the last couple of days (3 cups of coffee at dinner last night, 3 cups this morning, and a double-shot mocha espresso about 15 minutes ago) or if it's all the stress that's starting to accumulate, but I thought a little rant on my blog would help.

Life has thrown me for a bit of a loop lately and, as always, I'm stress-stress-stressing. I've got a major midterm tomorrow that I'm super-nervous about, that, incidentally, is for a class that doesn't actually count. I was up until 2:30 last night cramming and am continuing the session tonight. I've been kicking myself all day for not taking this class pass/no pass or for audit. Apparently I like adding extra work and pushing myself for absolutely no reason. This is a fun class, so why do I want to shoot myself for taking it, I wonder...

Last Friday USC had its bi-ennial career fair. This semester was the first time I actually felt confident going. I knew who I wanted to talk to, what I wanted to get out of it. What I didn't expect was to find out that LAUSD was no longer accepting district interns for the multiple subject credential. So my back up plan went out the window in like, two nanoseconds. I did score an interview with them this Friday, but it's for the special-ed program which I've been doubting as of late. So now I'm really crossing my fingers, toes, eyes for the USC credential program. And of course I've got even more stress to get the application done, and well. I want to get in that program sooooooo bad it's making sick trying to prepare myself for the heinous admissions process.

I also found out last Friday that USC spontaneously decided to cut my work-study funds, leaving me with no pay starting this week. Kind of a problem when it was supposed to last me through the end of April. *grr* So all weekend I was worried I'd have to look for a job, find a way to make money, blah blah blah.

Today I found out that my supervisor is quitting. In the middle of several HUGE projects, I might add. And apparently lots of her work will not be delegated to me. I have no time for this. Not to mention not enough experience. Not to mention the fact that I'm not even sure if I still HAVE a job...that is, one that pays. STRESS........

And of course, it is mid-term season. Three tests, 2 papers, interviews and presentations due in the next two weeks. Oh and did I mention the GRE on the 26th? One that I was expecting to be much better prepared for?

So yeah...stress level is high, as evidenced by my fat ugly oily face that explodes with a new blemish for every new problem. I'm actually pretty proud of myself, though, because, up until now, I've complained about maybe only 10% of what I've been feeling over the last week. And I'm still alive, so that's good, yes?

*groan*....I kind of wish February were over.... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home