*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, April 14, 2005

don't want to do my paper :P

Isn't it funny how when we procrastinate we turn to blogger? There's something so appealing about writing about my procrastination. I guess maybe because I know the time I spend here will be limited, so it's not really procrastination. Or so I like to think. :)

Things seem really difficult right now -- lots of people sick...lots of dying. It's so sad and so surreal...things like this happen all the time, I know, but somehow it always shocks me when I find out that someone close to me (or close to someone I know) is gone.

It's been a little over a year and a half since my grandfather passed away. There are still days that I drive by the cemetery and cry thinking about him. Yet at the same time I think his death made me realize what role death plays in life. It's so natural..and as much as it hurts, it's really something that we all know we're coming to, so it's actually expected. It's never easy to lose someone, but maybe we just need to remember how fragile life really is and embrace the time we have with each other while we still can.

There was a time when I felt that my life could end and I'd be content with the knowledge that I had completed what I wanted. But as I get older I suddenly find all of these new opportunities and more and more things to live for. At the same time, the older I get the more I see the real frailty of life -- ironic, isn't it? I guess I'm glad I've realized it now, though, because I can appreciate life more and really try to live it to its fullest. I have so much more that I want to accomplish and so much more love to give -- I just hope I have enough time to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home