*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Sad Story

So yesterday I finally had my appointment at your favorite place and mine, the California DMV. I was going to change my name (I'm a slacker, I know) and get my license re-issued. It went very smoothly -- waited in the wrong line, waited in the waiting area, got called to the window, gave my forms, blah blah blah. Then...

"Ma'am, are you aware that your license is going to expire in September and you'll need to renew?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to renew today?"

"Uhm...okay."

"You just need to take a test."

*screeeech* whaaaa????

"Actually, can I just come back and do that later?"

"Of course, ma'am, but I'm just lettin' ya kno' that you'll have to pay twice."

*thinking*...$28....times two.....16......carry the one.....HOLY COW!!! $56!!!!

"Okay, I'll take the test, I guess." *nervously*

So I take the darn eye test and even THAT I barely pass. Yikes. Then I take the dreaded picture *oy* how my face has expanded since I was a mere 19 years old. :( I asked the camera guy how many questions I can miss without failing -- "You can miss up to 3, it's easy!" he says.

Right.

I nervously walk to the testing room and am given a long white paper (haven't seen you in YEARS!), a nubby yellow pencil and am directed to the table that is like, almost to my neck. I have to answer 18 questions and can only miss 3. I take the test. X....X....X....crap. What does that sign mean? Crap.....what's the BAC limit?.....crap crap crap.

Walk to the counter. "Hello miss, how're you doing today?"

"You tell me."

"Well, let's see how you did there Miss Sara L.....1......(circle)......2 (circle)...3 (circle)..........4 (circle)."

"Noooooo!!!" (I seriously did say this.) Crap. Crappity crap crap. Not fair! New laws! Not fair!!!

"Well, now that's okay...let's just answer #24, and we'll see if I can let you go."

*BEAM*

Walk back to the counter. Number 24 asked me who can park in a stall that has this picture:

So of course I walk back to the counter, give him my test.....AND HE LETS ME GO!!!!

*BEAM*

I got so.darn.lucky!! Yay to the nice man at the DMV for being so forgiving.

No wonder no one in California knows how to drive. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home