*blub*blub*blub*

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vacation


I can't believe in just a couple of weeks my vacation will be over. It went so gosh darn fast, especially the month of June!

While I'm envious of my friends who went on fabulous beach vacations, I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to do. A fair amount of cleaning/organizing, planning, and lots and lots and lots of overtime that translated to a good amount of extra $$$ in our savings.

I've been a bit on the tense side lately -- lots of emotions going back and forth but really, I'm so blessed there's nothing to complain about. Just some major changes that I'm dealing with at the moment.

Biggest change? I'm moving up to 3rd grade for next year. I'm in a bit of an interesting spot this year since the school/my principal are actually using the school budget to pay for me and my position. Which means technically I'm not a part of the regular staff -- if they hadn't purchased me I'd literally be out on the street looking for a new school so I am so grateful for their tenacity and belief in me. Here's hoping that I do justice to my new students (I'm so scared of changing grades!), and that somewhere, somehow, more money becomes available so that I can stay next year as well. What makes me the most frightened after all these budget cuts is that they've laid off all teachers that were credentialed after my year. Which means that now, after building up 4 years of seniority and moving up the totem pole, I am, once again, at the bottom. If any more cuts are to be administered next year, I fear I'll be the first to go. But, que sera, sera, right?

Another big disappointment was our house hunting. The hubs and I actually put down an offer a couple of weeks ago but the house went into escrow quite quickly and because of a lazy/not so smart sellers' agent, our offer was never even looked at. Boo. Now it's just discouraging because we can't seem to find another house (in our budget) that gives us the same *spark*. I hope we're able to find something soon, before prices go up and we're not able to afford anything. We're *so* darn close!

This weekend we're celebrating my sisters' graduation so I'm busy with prepping for that and my new class. Lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home